Some Tips on using my blog

Please note the tabs at the top of my blog.

Picture Madeira. Here you find some great photos of this beautiful Island and I will add more from time to time, it is best to scroll to the bottom as this is where new photos will be.

Recipes. Here I will start adding some recipes of my favourite foods and drinks in Madeira, if you need a recipe for anything let me know.

Useful Links. Here I will start adding any useful links to do with Madeira, to help you get all the information you need before visiting.

Please note on the right hand column you have my connect with me icon to my social sites, 2 large links to my websites and one for direct contact to my email. Also if you join my blog you will never miss a post.

Contact me anytime, and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

Helping you have a better experience in Madeira.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Richard Wilson Paints Ronaldo

British artist Richard Wilson had one dream, when seeing Portugal win the European Cup in July.
He wanted to paint Cristiano Ronaldo on a wall in his home town Santo Antonio, Funchal Madeira.

This is taken from his FACEBOOK PAGE.

July 10th I think it was, watching Portugal v France in European championship. Ronaldo goes off injured and I was just thinking the irony of it, Portugal will def win now. I felt for him (no really) (NO REALLY!)
to not be playing in that game.
I can't think of any other footballer who seems to want to win as much, who seems as dedicated. The mans an ATHLETE! I really like him 💪🏾
I said to myself I'm gonna go and paint him in Madeira where he's from. It's taken nearly 2 months, there's no spray paint on the island, I thought I could get paint in Lisbon and take a ferry...oh sh&£ no ferries at all. So at this point I'm kinda determined, looking at shipping costs etc etc,and at same time a random random phone call to my real friend Jerry Lyons, the fixer...and we end up getting the council in Santo Antonio there, proposing to me they will build me a wall for this idea! They had seen the Leicester wall, and are so into it. In the end we are painting Cristiano's portrait on a 10m tall wall on the town hall which overlooks Santo Antonio (Ronaldos home town) Everyone I've spoken to there are so nice, working hard to make this happen.
We had the paint shipped in from the factory in Barcelona, I can't wait to get there, see the wall, see the ridiculous stash of paint. And get started tomorrow! And meet new friends already made.

Feeling unbelievably blessed this morning, to be able to travel somewhere I'm sure is amazing...can't wait to see the island, paint, and take it all in...I got a one way ticket LOL
And the finished result looks amazing.






2 comments: