Some Tips on using my blog

Please note the tabs at the top of my blog.

Picture Madeira. Here you find some great photos of this beautiful Island and I will add more from time to time, it is best to scroll to the bottom as this is where new photos will be.

Recipes. Here I will start adding some recipes of my favourite foods and drinks in Madeira, if you need a recipe for anything let me know.

Useful Links. Here I will start adding any useful links to do with Madeira, to help you get all the information you need before visiting.

Please note on the right hand column you have my connect with me icon to my social sites, 2 large links to my websites and one for direct contact to my email. Also if you join my blog you will never miss a post.

Contact me anytime, and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

Helping you have a better experience in Madeira.

Friday, October 2, 2015

Wet and Windy

 The National Civil Protection Authority warned today for predicting rain and strong wind on Sunday, with possibility of experiencing "extreme events" related to the heavy rain and wind gusting up to 120 kilometers.
Citing the Sea Portuguese Institute and the Atmosphere (IPMA) the Civil Protection, in a statement, warned that the worsening weather takes place on Sunday and Monday and that rain will be occasionally intense, initially in the north and center and then nationwide.
The wind is blowing at a speed between 40 and 60 kilometers, but can reach 100 kms in the highlands and gusts could reach 120, warns the Civil Protection, drawing attention to the precautions when driving (floor slippery and ground water), to trees and full of falls in urban areas and flooding in vulnerable areas or underground structures.
The IPMA is also the official web site a "special information" about changing the time on election day, with a "significant increase" by the end of Monday's day.
Rain, explains the IPMA, starts right on Sunday morning (strong in the north and center) and the wind will be moderate to strong (on the coast) and strong or very strong in the highlands of northern and central.
Copied straight from the Diario Website using Google Translate.

No comments:

Post a Comment