Some Tips on using my blog

Please note the tabs at the top of my blog.

Picture Madeira. Here you find some great photos of this beautiful Island and I will add more from time to time, it is best to scroll to the bottom as this is where new photos will be.

Recipes. Here I will start adding some recipes of my favourite foods and drinks in Madeira, if you need a recipe for anything let me know.

Useful Links. Here I will start adding any useful links to do with Madeira, to help you get all the information you need before visiting.

Please note on the right hand column you have my connect with me icon to my social sites, 2 large links to my websites and one for direct contact to my email. Also if you join my blog you will never miss a post.

Contact me anytime, and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

Helping you have a better experience in Madeira.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Security Guards Strike

Taken straight from the Diario Noticias website.

Workers of Securitas airport of Porto, Madeira and Porto Santo will strike next Saturday because, they say, the company refuses to pay overtime and public holidays from the beginning of the year.

"The company no longer paid holidays or extra hours and refuses to come to terms with the workers or the unions," he told Lusa union delegate SITAVA Charlene Dias according to which the notice of strike has been presented .
The official explained that since the beginning of the year that Securitas unpaid extra hours and unpaid since May the holidays, always claiming to be "company policy".
Since the strike will be made on public holidays and overtime, and given that Saturday is a holiday, the employee said that it should have a "great increase" by around 400 workers from three airports.
In the absence of these airport workers, who oversee crew, passengers and staff, "there will be no one to come to the side boarding" and can register even "canceled flights".

1 comment:

  1. My younger brother was irritated all the time because of this same issue but after I consulted Norman Y. Mineta preferred secuity provider for him, he feels a lot secure and believe me every single issue is solved!

    ReplyDelete