Some Tips on using my blog

Please note the tabs at the top of my blog.

Picture Madeira. Here you find some great photos of this beautiful Island and I will add more from time to time, it is best to scroll to the bottom as this is where new photos will be.

Recipes. Here I will start adding some recipes of my favourite foods and drinks in Madeira, if you need a recipe for anything let me know.

Useful Links. Here I will start adding any useful links to do with Madeira, to help you get all the information you need before visiting.

Please note on the right hand column you have my connect with me icon to my social sites, 2 large links to my websites and one for direct contact to my email. Also if you join my blog you will never miss a post.

Contact me anytime, and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

Helping you have a better experience in Madeira.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Christmas Lights

Front page news on the Diario yesterday.
We all remember last years Christmas Lights Fiasco, well this year promises to return to the more traditional decoration and colour. A budget of 2 million euros will be used opposed to the 945,000 that was used last year.


4 comments:

  1. Yippee! Can't wait to see the traditional lights this time around and the beautiful multi-coloured bulbs in the trees. Hopefully, there will also be some decorations in the new sea front area as dismal in that space last year. For once, the government have listened to the people of Madeira!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's watch this space Emily. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's watch this space Emily. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too cannot wait to see the old Christmas lights, the one question I would add would be how much was it the year before last and the one before that and so on?
    €2,945,000.00 for two years lights!, do they not recycle the lights from previous years! I know they have the tourists to think about, but is this money actually going where it should? With a huge debt to pay off, money that could be used for worthwhile reasons and more permanent long term tourist benefit, maybe they should think about getting the old lights out each season like we have at home for the past 20 years :)

    ReplyDelete