Some Tips on using my blog

Please note the tabs at the top of my blog.

Picture Madeira. Here you find some great photos of this beautiful Island and I will add more from time to time, it is best to scroll to the bottom as this is where new photos will be.

Recipes. Here I will start adding some recipes of my favourite foods and drinks in Madeira, if you need a recipe for anything let me know.

Useful Links. Here I will start adding any useful links to do with Madeira, to help you get all the information you need before visiting.

Please note on the right hand column you have my connect with me icon to my social sites, 2 large links to my websites and one for direct contact to my email. Also if you join my blog you will never miss a post.

Contact me anytime, and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

Helping you have a better experience in Madeira.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Shell clear contaminated soil

Excavators began last week to remove part of the contaminated soils of the Shell terrain in the area of ​​Praia Formosa.

The technical aspects and the costs associated with the process are being supported by the proprietor of the land, the Shell itself, under supervision of the Regional Environmental Management.

Contaminated waste should leave the region destined for a landfill of hazardous waste, as reported RTP-M, with the part of officials to guarantee that the land now decontamination process does not constitute danger to the community or surrounding areas.

Apparently, cleaning the area will be a necessary requirement for sale of the property where Cristiano Ronaldo, in partnership with the Pestana Group, plans to build a hotel project.

Story from funchalnoticias.net

2 comments:

  1. I see that there's an orange outline of the dirt in the last picture which must be the contaminated area of soil that they found on that patch of land. After reading through the article, I didn't find where it mentioned how the soil was contaminated. What exactly contaminated that patch of lang in the dirt there? At least they caught this early before they sold it and perhaps could have gotten some kind of lawsuit if someone wanted to build there, or if someone got sick from the contamination. This might have been a good thing to find this contaminated soil!
    http://www.asbestossoilremoval.com.au/services

    ReplyDelete
  2. This type of article is interesting and good to read. I love reading and I am always searching for informative info like this.

    ReplyDelete